Stats, is your reporting and management dashboard.
Stats is broken into tabs for each general topic. Each tab has it’s own associated reports and activities under the quick jump menu on the top right of that screen. As a shortcut, any tab’s quick jump can be accessed by right clicking on that tab.
When entering the stats section, Senior managers will be presented with a high level overview of the entire company. To refine this overview, as with many of the reports, you can select your search criteria from the drop down boxes at the top.
Employees with lesser permissions will only see in this report what they have been granted to see. For example, a standard sales rep will generally only see their own sales represented. All Employees will be able to see the Ranked Locations, though without the proper permissions, will not see the locations actual totals.
You can also access the following sections under the Stores’ quick jump:
- Add Location is where you can enter new locations into the system. When a location is added, it is instantly ready to begin doing business.
- Advertising Report is where, in conjunction with the retail portion, you can track the effectiveness of your various advertising media.
- Edit Location gives you the ability to change any information for locations you have already setup.
The Employees tab contains reports and tools directly associated with your workforce.
The front page contains employee rankings, this is an incredible tool for increasing your numbers through employee competition. The “Top associates by activations” section uses values you assign to given plan types. For example, you may assign prepaid plans to have a value of half a point. This report will even allow your reps to see actual numbers. Other lists in this section, however, are like the location ranking on the stores tab, and will only allow reps to see values for themselves and those they manage while still allowing them to see the rankings.
To compare with previous months, just select that month from the dropdown box above. To view a report on an individual employee, you can simply click on their name, or choose their name from the dropdown box. When viewing an individual employees page, you will view or edit their personal information along the left hand side and will find their sales information composing the rest of the page.
The following sections are available under the Employees’ Quick Jump:
- Add Employee, as the name implies, is where you add employees into the system.
- Employee Commissions is a very simplistic reporting tool used to calculate employee commissions based on the ‘pay per plan’ commission model. For more advanced employee commissioning, it is recommended that you use the Gross Profit Report 2 under the Transactions tab. If neither of these solutions fit your needs, please contact us for a quote on developing a custom commissioning system.
- Employee Information will output an excel file of all your employees. This can be used for many tasks such as a mail merge for sending out invitations for an event.
- Employee Lookup allows you to quickly find an individual employee’s page.
- Groups is the tool for managing the Who, and What of Employee Permissions.
- Reviewable Locations is the counterpart to Groups, and allows you to manage the Where of Employee Permissions.
- Time clock reports gives you access payroll reports compliant with the department of labors standards.
The following sections are available under the Customers’ Quick Jump:
- Check Back report will output a report of all customers who are due refunds via check by mail. This may be necessary when a customer pays by check or if they paid by cash but on the day they came back there was not enough cash at that location for a full refund.
- Customer Database outputs an excel spreadsheet of all your customers or leads that meet a given search criteria.
- Customer search is a tool for finding a customer in your database and all related transactions.
The main page of the carriers tab shows a graphical breakdown by carrier of all your postpaid activations. As with many of the other reports, to view historical data, all you need to do is select the time frame from the drop down box above the graph. To drill down and get more information on an individual carrier basis, choose that carrier from that drop down box.
This will allow you to see your sales categorized by :
- Plan Type
- Plan popularity
- Plan price point
- Postpaid sales by day
The following sections are available under the Carriers’ Quick Jump:
- Add Carrier is where you can enter new carriers into the system and set up the integration with the carrier’s activation systems.
- Carrier Report allows you to generate in an Excel file a list of all activations for a carrier in a given month. This report is often used for submitting to a master dealer that does not use ROSS. This report intelligently removes all deleted transactions, returns. It even updates itself to contain the proper information when a phone is exchanged.
- Carrier Scrub is a powerful feature you can add to ROSS. It is not added to accounts by default because there is no Phone or Email support. If you would like this feature, please contact us.
- Carrier Specific Fields are additional fields, not already built into ROSS that you can request from your sales force during the checkout process.
- Edit Carrier contains the same functionality as Add Carrier but is used for carriers that already exist on your server.
- Master/Sub Dealers is where you manage your relationships with other dealers. Being linked with other dealers servers allow you to share plans, transfer inventory back and forth, and with the right permissions gather many other real time reports.
- Plans and Addons is the section where you manage each carrier’s plan and Addons offerings.
- Restore carrier is where you would go very infrequently only if you have removed a carrier from your system that you would like to bring back.
The transactions tab, as a manager, may be where you spend most of your time. This is a section where you can build countless types of detailed reports. The advanced mode will give you even further options and also allow you to export to excel.
The following sections are available under the Carriers’ Quick Jump:
- Closing Read is a report sent directly to the printer which any sales rep can initiate. It prints a current snapshot of all the day’s transactions for that location. This is most often used to generate a closing summary to put with the day’s paperwork.
- Gross Profit Sales Report 2 is a profitability report generator. This is very often also used as a commissioning tool.
- Payment Report will print out sheets designed for counting cash, credit card receipts and checks.
- Sales Tax Report generates summery data of taxable sales to provide to your accountant. This should be used instead of the trasaction search as it is not subject to per transaction rounding.
- Transaction Lookup is an incredibly simplified transaction search that is used primarily to find a sale if you have specific information about it such as it’s transaction ID, customer name or customer phone number.
When entering the inventory tab, you are greeted with the current inventory for the store you are at. With proper permissions, you can:
- View/Edit detailed information like phone costs and ESN/IMEIs
- View other stores’ inventory
- Pull advanced inventory reports
- Bulk transfer inventory
The following sections are available under the Inventory’s Quick Jump:
- Add Inventory is where you add product information and inventory into your system. The streamlined interface allows you to add dozens of phones in just a few minutes.
- Inventory Session Search allows you to pull many reports of all inventory added to the system.
- Inventory Summary is a financial snapshot in excel of inventory company wide.
- Inventory Transfer moves inventory between your locations or dealers that you have set up a Master or sub dealer relationship with. You can also generate tickets to the Trash Bin to remove inventory from your system.
- Inventory Transfer Lookup is where you can look up individual tickets or pull reports of tickets based on dates and/or locations.
- Midnight Accessory/Phone Inventory will generate a company wide excel spreadsheet of all the respective inventory type at the begining (12am) of any given date. It is important to note that ROSS will calculate this value based on inventory and transaction information. It is possible that the accuracy of these reports can drift very slightly the further back in time you go.
- Phone History will allow you to look up any phone based on MEID, ESN, IMEI, SIM or Kit number and get a complete (birth to grave) history of that phone. This can be an incredibly powerful tool to resolve shrinkage or other inventory confusion you may encounter.
- Reprint Barcodes generates labels for accessories that do not come bar coded from your supplier. This is compatible with standard Avery return address labels (or compatible) making it so you can pick up sheets at most any local office supply retailer.
Scoreboard is built to engender competition between your employees and locations. It is essentially a customized section for ranked reports. Reports can be customized for you on an employee or store level for a very low cost. This section comes preloaded with various reports just to give you a sample. To add reports, please contact us.
Important Note: By default, all employees have access to the scoreboard. Reports should not be added to it that you do not want your staff having access to.